We would urge ALL Bangor businesses to join the Chamber. Strength in numbers is paramount to making things happen in our wonderful town and if we can demonstrate that we have a strong membership and a shared voice, then our voice is heard all the more! Please think about it and get in touch with us to learn more, we’ll happily buy the coffee!
Joining Bangor Chamber of Commerce gives you the opportunity to:-
- Contribute positively to your local business environment
- Regularly meet with fellow members at fun, informative and interactive coffee mornings, always at no cost to the member. We hold approximately 7 throughout the year and these are held in a Bangor venue. The event is usually subject specific and usually with a guest speaker in attendance.
- Have the opportunity to avail of subsidized training either directly organized by Bangor Chamber of Commerce or via signposting to Council and other organization led training.
- Membership allows you to access the only truly representative voice of Bangor business. We meet regularly with many of Ards & North Down Borough Council Departments and a wider range of members enables us to fully communicate the concerns and issues form Bangor businesses.
- Exert influence within the community and on a broader level via the Chamber’s lobbying activities. Recent involvement includes; Public Realm works; Queens Parade; Marketing of the town, Bangor Masterplan, 5 towns business group (with Holywood, Newtownards, Comber & Donaghadee) that meets approximately every 6 – 8 weeks.
- Remain fully updated with all local activity which includes events, tourism, business and training opportunities as well as grants available and funding.
- Provides the vehicle for you to get involved in marketing specific activity throughout the year, which promotes your business and impacts directly on the town of Bangor. Such activities in 2018 included: Easter activities, our Easter Bunny Hunt, Sea Bangor promotions, Summer Sundays activity, Christmas Shop Local initiatives, festive bunting & promotional materials supplied at no cost, opportunity to partake in Elf Trail 4 week promotions.
- Create new business opportunities through networking opportunities both formal and social.
- Combat feelings of isolation running a small business can sometimes produce.
- Learn from the exchange of peer group knowledge and experiences.
- Save money through Chamber relationships.
- Contribute to the highly successful, Chamber run, Bangor Business Awards.
- Be part of our website www.bangorchamber.co.uk, which is currently going through an overhaul and complete update.
- Social media: Get involved with and benefit from ‘sharing’ posts and ‘likes’ via our social media pages on Facebook and twitter: Bangor Chamber of Commerce, Bangor Business Awards, Bangor Rocks, Love Bangor.
- Benefit from promoting offers that you have in your business.
- Have a direct line of communication for advice on who to approach via council, Stormont or other professional bodies.
- ….and much much more!